Ant problems around the house
Ants come in different shapes and sizes, from little black ants, to larger carpenter ants and everything else in between. You may have tried to get rid of ants in the kitchen, or home using natural methods. We have found that the natural methods may be effective as a temporary solution for ant problems – however, they are not a solution for long-term ant control management. By that we mean you need to get to the heart of the problem and find where they are coming in.
Ants leave a pheromone trail when they are off scouting for food. So when they find a food source other ants follow to the food source in order to take back to the colony to feed it. The ant nest may be some way away from the food source and it can be tricky in locating. A pest professional like Four Seasons and HomeTown can find the source and eliminate the ants fast. As a homeowner following these guidelines will help minimize ants entering your home:
- Cracks and gaps in exterior walls should be caulked.
- Ensure spilled foods are wiped up.
- Any leftover food should be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Once your pet has finished eating, remove and dispose of any leftovers.
- Ensure your outdoor trash is stored away from the home in a sealed garbage container. The garbage should also be emptied on a regular basis.
- Keep trees and bushes trimmed back from the home.
- Repair any leaking taps.
- Check guttering for blockages and ensure they can drain away from the home sufficiently.
An expert in all ant problems
We are experts in our field and can quickly find the ant trail and treat them with one of our effective ant control solutions. As part of our maintenance service, we cover ants as standard and ensure that any possible nesting sites are treated before they become a bigger problem like an ant infestation.