Night night, sleep tight….
I recently received a call from a new customer requiring a bed bug inspection as they thought they may have bed bugs. So I went round and did my thing. It transpires that they had bought a second-hand couch and love seat from a reputable charitable organization. Upon inspection, this was the root of the problem and as a result, her house was riddled with bed bugs.
Bed bugs are back with a vengeance and they are not leaving any time soon. It’s been years since the United States has had any kind of problem like this and there is so much in the news that all you need to do is check the local press and you will see a story.
What are the signs of bed bugs?
- The most obvious one is the mattress or box spring. This includes the seams and folds of the mattress and crevices of the box spring, bed frame and headboard.
- If you have loosely stored items under your bed – it’s best to store them in a sealed plastic container.
- Furniture – the underside of chairs, couches, beds, seams, and crevices of upholstered chairs and any other furniture. Get your vacuum attachment and give them a good clean.
- Soft furnishings such as curtains and cushions.
- Carpets – especially behind beds and furniture.
- Behind wall mounted pictures and mirrors.
- In dressers including the drawers.
- Behind loose wallpaper.
- In cluttered closets.
- Under electrical switch plates.
- Smoke detectors.
- Cracks in wood molding.
- Ceiling and wall junctures.
In fact pretty much anywhere where you wouldn’t think to look. Adult bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed and they are really good at hiding. They are very good at breeding very quickly and they can survive a year without food, which makes them very hardy too.
In terms of my customer the other day, she needed treatment and my policy is I don’t part treat. Just because bed bugs have been found in the bedroom or lounge doesn’t mean they aren’t in other areas of the house. Why? Because you can carry them on your person and they fall off in another part of the house and that’s how they spread.
Do you have bed bugs?
No? Are you sure? Bed bug inspections are best left to bed bug removal specialists because we know what we are looking for, we can tell you quickly if you have bed bugs or not. We treat the whole house so you can go on living in peace without the fear that these bloodsuckers are coming for you in the middle of the night.
We offer a comprehensive bed bug inspection service by our trained professionals. We cover Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Norfolk and everything else in between for the Tidewater area.
….don’t let the bed bugs bite.
Contact us today at (252) 480-2889 / (252) 453-3693 or (757) 729-1744 for your inspection or complete our contact form and we will contact you.